[Cyberduck-localization] New placeholder translation feature

David Kocher dkocher at cyberduck.ch
Fri May 2 21:47:18 CEST 2008

Dear Localizers,
	I have recently added support to add placeholders in localization
strings, which  should make it easier to translate sentences. Before,
the place of a variable in the string was determined by the English
language reference string.

Currently, I only make use of this in Status.strings. E.g.

"Opening {0} connection to {1}" = "Abriendo conexión {0} con {1}";

where {0} will be replaced by the protocol identifier such as FTP and
{1} by the hostname connecting to. You can put these two variables
anywhere in the translated string.

Cheers.
-David

---