[Cyberduck-news] Cyberduck 3.5
dkocher at cyberduck.ch
Wed Jun 9 10:21:22 CEST 2010
A major new version of Cyberduck is now available, featuring support to store and retrieve documents from Google Docs. Features include OCR for uploaded images and preferences to choose the export format for downloaded documents. Refer to the wiki  for more information on support for Google Docs storage.
Also, support for various new features of the cloud storage providers Amazon S3 and Rackspace Cloudfiles are continously implemented. Metadata (HTTP headers) editing of files for both protocols are now supported in the Info panel which allows to store custom meta information along with the files and set HTTP headers like Cache-Control and Expires to fine tune object expiration. Specific to S3 is the support to specify the storage redundancy level of files for users looking into cheaper storage with the new Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) option now available and to create buckets at the newly available Asia Pacific (Singapore) location.
The changes in the release include:
- [Localize] Slovenian Localization
- [Localize] Romanian Localization
- [Feature] Google Docs storage support (Google Docs)
- [Feature] Convert uploads to Google Docs format (Google Docs)
- [Feature] Download format preferences for documents (Google Docs)
- [Feature] Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for image uploads (Google Docs)
- [Feature] Support for Asia Pacific (Singapore) location (S3)
- [Feature] Support for keyboard-interactive authentiation using SecurID (#4459) (SFTP)
- [Feature] HTTP plain text connection support to connect to third party S3 servers (#4181) (S3)
- [Feature] Custom metadata attributes (#4063) (S3, Rackspace Cloud Files)
- [Feature] Configure Access Logs for CloudFront streaming distributions (S3)
- [Feature] Option for Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) (S3)
- [Bugfix] Overwrite files causes append (S3) (#4419)
- [Bugfix] Connect anonymously to public buckets (S3) (#4480)
- [Bugfix] Help menu items disabled (#4406)
Refer to http://trac.cyberduck.ch/query?status=closed&milestone=3.5 for all closed issues.
Many thanks for your continued support!
Post bug reports and feature requests
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3815 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Cyberduck-news