[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #136: Type-ahead selection in file list does not work after switching context back to CyberDuck

Cyberduck trac at svn.cyberduck.ch
Thu Jan 19 18:52:14 CET 2006

#136: Type-ahead selection in file list does not work after switching context
back to CyberDuck
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pfurbacher at mac.com  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
Component:  core                |     Version:  2.5.3
 Severity:  minor               |    Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 1. Use "type-ahead" to select a file in the file list, as opposed
 to using the filter function (magnifying glass edit box).

 2. Click on the "Edit" button in the toolbar to open it locally
 in Text Wrangler.

 3. Make an edit and save in Text Wrangler.

 4. Switch back to CyberDuck and attempt another "type-ahead"
 to select a different file.

 Expected: type-ahead selection should occur.

 Found: CyberDuck 2.5.4 does not respond to my typing.
 It's as if the file listing region is not sensing keystroke
 events.

 I looked in the Console.log to see if any exceptions were being
 thrown, but none are shown.

 This unresponsiveness can be remedied if I hit the "Refresh"
 button in the toolbar.  After that, the type-ahead feature begins
 to work again.  (I think that if I use the filter function at this point
 and then release the filter by hitting the X, the file list window/panel
 becomes responsive again to type-ahead selection.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/136>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>