[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #555: warn users to 'clear' transfer window or else significantly speed transfer window loading

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Fri Jul 7 19:30:02 CEST 2006

#555: warn users to 'clear' transfer window or else significantly speed transfer
window loading
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jerdonek     |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  core         |     Version:  2.4.6
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  transfer window slow
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 When the transfer window has several hundred items, Cyberduck hangs and
 slows the entire computer when loading the transfer window.  This lasts
 more than a minute (up to 5 minutes or more for some).

 This can be solved by pressing "Clear" in the transfer window, but there
 is no way for a user to know that this is the solution to the slowdown.

 Incidentally, 'clearing' the transfer window can also take forever if
 there are several hundred items.  I waited 30 minutes before force-
 quitting Cyberduck.  It seems that manually selecting and scrolling items
 and 'removing' them causes no such delay.

 My suggestion is to either considerably speed the loading of the transfer
 window so there is no visible delay, or else somehow warn the user to
 clear the transfer window when the window gets to a certain size (e.g. 50
 items).  But I don't see why it should take a long time to load the
 window.  It's merely a list of things, right?

 Note: I haven't confirmed this behavior on newer versions of Cyberduck
 (using Version 2.4b2).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/555>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>