[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #557: Synchronize: Don't delve into certain "package" folders unless folder itself has been modified

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sun Jul 9 10:57:38 CEST 2006

#557: Synchronize: Don't delve into certain "package" folders unless folder
itself has been modified
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rich at indieimage.com  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  enhancement          |      Status:  new
Component:  core                 |     Version:  2.6
 Severity:  normal               |    Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Synchronize takes an extremely long time to run. In the folder I'm trying
 to synchronize, there are a few subfolder-happy software packages (like
 TinyMCE) that are extremely deep with tons of files, and if they are ever
 updated, will be updated as a whole. By far, the most time spent every
 time I run Synchronize is spent scanning these folders.

 If it were possible to specify certain folders as single units, which
 should only be delved into if the folders themselves show conflicting
 modification times, that would save an enormous amount of time each time
 Synchronize is run.

 (Note: the title of this feature request doesn't refer to Mac OS X
 "Packages" specifically, rather the general concept of folders of stuff
 that only change if they are replaced as a whole.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/557>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>