[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #265: Repeating a sync after previous one failed due to a disconnect can delete file contents.

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Mar 9 20:37:56 CET 2006

#265: Repeating a sync after previous one failed due to a disconnect can delete
file contents.
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stuart_bayley at msn.com  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
Component:  core                   |     Version:  2.5.5
 Severity:  normal                 |    Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 I synced three text files from my Mac to unix host. The unix server timed
 out after the
 second file copied but before the third one completed, resulting in a zero
 lenth copy
 of the file being left on the server. Guess what happend when I tried re-
 syncing?
 Yep, I missed the fact that the change in the direction of the
 upload/download arrow
 and wrote that zero byte file over the original one on my Mac.

 Call pilot error if you want.  Call it a feature. But it's really really
 nasty and I've just
 lost  shed load of work because of it. Maybe it would be a good idea to
 remember if
 the last sync failed and not reverse the sense of the copy without
 confirmation.

 Sorry, but I'm going back to raw scp :-(

 /S.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/265>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>