[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #398: Cannot connect with SSH public key authentication ("Can't read key due to internal IO problems")

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat May 13 00:06:02 CEST 2006

#398: Cannot connect with SSH public key authentication ("Can't read key due to
internal IO problems")
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bshalsey at paxoo.com  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
Component:  sftp                |     Version:  2.5.5
 Severity:  major               |    Keywords:
 Whilst trying to use SSH public key authentication to connect to a server,
 the following error is returned from Cyberduck:

  '''IO Error: Can't read key due to internal IO problems:
 java.io.IOException: Assertion failed, next byte value is f8 instead of
 asserted 30'''

 Cyberduck is able to connect normally (over SFTP) if password
 authentication is used instead of public key authentication.

 Private key is in format of