[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1059: disable directory lookup while dragging and dropping files on to folders in cyberduck

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Wed Mar 7 20:32:55 CET 2007

#1059: disable directory lookup while dragging and dropping files on to folders in
cyberduck
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  nicko        |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  interface    |     Version:  2.7.3
 Severity:  minor        |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Hello Brilliant Cyberduck creator(s),

 I just started using a mac after about 10 years, and I've been using
 leapftp all the years I used a PC. So I'm very new to FTP on mac (sure has
 changed a lot since the days of fetch and fugu!)

 I use FTP to essentially drag and drop notes for classes at a large public
 institution into an online website/repository of notes, and the routines
 for what we do are very much the same all the time. (i.e. we download
 emailed notes into a folder, and then upload via FTP to a server.) cyber
 duck is great in that it allows default chmodding, as thats a step Leapftp
 didn't do.

 The problem I have is that I noticed that when I'm dragging something from
 a folder thats on the "right" of the monitor display into a folder on the
 "left" of the monitor display in cyberduck, that cyberduck will attempt to
 load or cache the contents of ALL the folders that the cursor highlights,
 as I attempt to drop the file into the right folder.

 Put another way, cyberduck attempts to cache the contents of every single
 folder that the file being dragged touches as I drag the file over to the
 appropriate folder online.  While that might be a useful feature for some,
 it's extremely costly in speed and comes at the expense of user visual
 feedback. (i.e. I see the very lengthly "processing" information in the
 status bar, well after I've already dragged the file to the appropriate
 folder.)  I have attached a crude screen shot capturing this unique
 behavior, its at the link at the end of the ticket.

 And yes, I'm aware this is a free product, (that works exceedingly well,
 with the one exception I mentioned above)  and thanks for creating it! The
 day my measly adaptive technology lab gets actual funding and a budget of
 its own, I'll be able to send a donation!

 Thanks in advance for any response,

 actual screenshot of what I'm trying to communicate:

 http://www.uvm.edu/~notes/draganddrop.gif

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1059>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>