[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1131: SCP: Can't download a file if whitespace is somewhere in a directory/file name in the path

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu May 31 23:45:09 CEST 2007

#1131: SCP: Can't download a file if whitespace is somewhere in a directory/file
name in the path
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  doctre  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
Component:  sftp    |     Version:  2.8b1
 Severity:  major   |    Keywords:  SCP whitespace failure
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 This worked on the last nightly but now whenever I try to download a file
 that is in a directory with a space in the name it fails when I use SCP.
 I get an error equivalent to:

 I/O Error: Connection Failed
 /home/user/docs/file space/file.txt
 Remote SCP error: scp: /home/user/docs/file\: No such file or directory

 It appears that the space handling that was present in the previous
 nightly has been changed such that the system cannot handle spaces in
 directories or file names.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1131>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>