[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1249: Space character at the end of the file/folder name makes the file/folder unusable

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Wed Sep 12 22:32:14 CEST 2007

#1249: Space character at the end of the file/folder name makes the file/folder
unusable
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  qpple   |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
Component:  ftp     |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal  |    Keywords:
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Hi,

 I think I have found a problem with files and folders with a space(s) at
 the end of their name. The files/folders get uploaded with no problem, but
 when you try to download/delete them it's impossible. Even listing the
 contents of a folder (with a space as the final character) will result in
 a little forbidden icon on the folder icon. When you rename the
 file/folder it will let you, but on confirming (return) you will get an
 error message.

 The red part of the error-message is always the same : "testfile: No such
 file or directory" (error 550)

 It's the same problem in all versions of Cyberduck that I know of. (2.8
 included)

 When parsing the contents of the folder the space-character is filtered
 away ?

 Many thanks for this little great app !

 Qpple

--