[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1671: "Unknown host key" warning every time for SFTP, even though "Always" is chosen

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Jan 21 11:43:21 CET 2008

#1671: "Unknown host key" warning every time for SFTP, even though "Always" is
chosen
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  anonymous  |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  sftp       |     Version:  2.8.3
 Severity:  normal     |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Whenever I connect to a site via SFTP, the "Unknown host key for host"
 warning pops up, although I choose "Always" every single time. The site is
 always the same. No subsequent warning or error message appears.

    * I'm on a non-admin account
    * On every attempt, there's an error in the console:
 "[0x0-0x1da1da].ch.sudo.cyberduck[11613] 0 [main] ERROR
 ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDHostKeyController  - Cannot read
 /Users/XXX/.ssh/known_hosts" (edited for privacy)
    * known_hosts is rw-r--r--, .ssh is rwx------
    * Command-line sftp doesn't complain about unknown host keys, neither
 does ssh itself, so known_hosts must be readable

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1671>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>