[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #3854: Renaming a file incorrectly downgrades access permissions using S3.amazonaws.com

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Oct 26 09:06:41 CET 2009

#3854: Renaming a file incorrectly downgrades access permissions using
S3.amazonaws.com
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cto@…       |       Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
Component:  s3          |     Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  normal      |    Keywords:  Permissions
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 There is a small (but annoying) problem where the access permissions on
 the file are changed when i rename a file.  For instance, if i have a
 publicly accessible file, rename it, the READ flags for GROUP / OTHERS is
 cleared.

 This is particularly annoying last thing of an evening when sending an
 important document out via that link.  I have set priority high as it is
 probably very easy to fix, and it has quite an impact on the user
 experience.

 I have removed smiley faces as the spam filter seems to have rejected my
 message. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/3854>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>