[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5083: Cannot upload to write-only FTP site, disconnects after LIST

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Aug 5 00:53:02 CEST 2010

#5083: Cannot upload to write-only FTP site, disconnects after LIST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawmzikh8lrneathzoauemj0_vbiefbmqwt8  |          Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect                                                                            |         Status:  new
Component:  ftp                                                                               |        Version:  3.5.1
 Severity:  normal                                                                            |       Keywords:
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6                                                                     |   Architecture:  Intel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 I am connecting to a write-only FTP site. When I connect, Cyberduck throws
 an error that access is denied for the LIST -a command. After that error,
 Cyberduck disconnects from the site, so I cannot upload to it.

 Preferred behavior would be to prompt with the error, but maintain the
 connection so that the user can upload files to the write-only directory.
 The error message itself should contain the information that this may be a
 write-only directory, so it doesn't confuse the user.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5083>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>