[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1671: "Unknown host key" warning every time for SFTP, even though "Always" is chosen

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Wed Aug 11 12:28:10 CEST 2010

#1671: "Unknown host key" warning every time for SFTP, even though "Always" is
chosen
    Reporter:  anonymous  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect     |       Status:  closed
Architecture:             |
Description changed by dkocher:

Old description:

> Whenever I connect to a site via SFTP, the "Unknown host key for host"
> warning pops up, although I choose "Always" every single time. The site
> is always the same. No subsequent warning or error message appears.
>
>    * I'm on a non-admin account
>    * On every attempt, there's an error in the console:
> "[0x0-0x1da1da].ch.sudo.cyberduck[11613] 0 [main] ERROR
> ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDHostKeyController  - Cannot read
> /Users/XXX/.ssh/known_hosts" (edited for privacy)
>    * known_hosts is rw-r--r--, .ssh is rwx------
>    * Command-line sftp doesn't complain about unknown host keys, neither
> does ssh itself, so known_hosts must be readable

New description:

 Whenever I connect to a site via SFTP, the "Unknown host key for host"
 warning pops up, although I choose "Always" every single time. The site is
 always the same. No subsequent warning or error message appears.

    * I'm on a non-admin account
    * On every attempt, there's an error in the console:  (edited for
 privacy)
 {{{
 [0x0-0x1da1da].ch.sudo.cyberduck[11613] 0 [main] ERROR
 ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDHostKeyController  - Cannot read
 /Users/XXX/.ssh/known_hosts
 }}}

    * ''known_hosts'' is `rw-r--r--`, ''.ssh'' is `rwx------`
    * Command-line sftp doesn't complain about unknown host keys, neither
 does ssh itself, so ''known_hosts'' must be readable

Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1671#comment:3>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>
FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs, Azure and S3 Browser for Mac OS X.