[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5396: SFTP errors not being reported

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Dec 9 12:35:05 CET 2010

#5396: SFTP errors not being reported
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawng0mubul6w1lwi-_asmp86l3vkj-uzo3y  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  closed
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawng0mubul6w1lwi-_asmp86l3vkj-uzo3y):

 OK, so the server manufacturer is as arrogant as you, and say their server
 works with every other client and they cannot be expected to support every
 rag-tag start-up that comes along.  Unfortunately the server is not ours,
 it belongs to one of our clients who also say that it works with every
 other client they have tried.  This is a mainstream server manufacturer,
 used in some of the worlds biggest companies - it's not in beta, they are
 not asking for comment on a new system, they are selling a mature product
 with a large user base.  If you want to penetrate that user base, you will
 need to provide a client which works with their server.

 BUT

 Whatever causes the problem, the fact that I can click on the folder and
 be told it is empty is wrong.  Just change it so it says 'there was an
 error loading this folder' - and preferably give some sort of explanation
 or error code.  Saying it is empty is telling lies.

 Even disable click on a folder with an error icon, pop up a error message,
 anything except saying it is empty.

 You ask me to beta test this software, and when I report a problem you
 tell me there's nothing wrong.  I am not currently using Cyberduck, not
 because of this problem but because you refuse to admit it exists - how
 many more bugs are there in it which you do not admit to?  I certainly
 cannot recomend it to my colleagues or clients as it would undermine my
 credibility.  In a very crowded Windows marketplace, you need to provide a
 service which people can recommend with confidence.  At present you cannot
 compete with the likes of cuteFTP (which is made by the same people as
 make the server, so it definitely does not have this problem).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5396#comment:16>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>