[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5538: Two Panel "Browsing"

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Dec 9 16:10:26 CET 2010

#5538: Two Panel "Browsing"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawlzkkpssignz_-4bcfzftynd92dpxzttns  |          Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                                                                       |         Status:  new
Component:  core                                                                              |        Version:  3.8.1
 Severity:  normal                                                                            |       Keywords:
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6                                                                     |   Architecture:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 I used to have a PC and use WINSCP. It has one excellent feature that I
 have not found in any other suite, and I would like to propose it as a
 future enhancement.

 With WINSCP I could open the source window in one panel and the target
 window in another, and either double click or drag the source files to the
 target. But it was even better than that!

 If I chose 'synchronised browsing' then navigating in one panel performed
 the same action in the other panel. I could move around my source and
 target locations simultaneously. If a folder was absent in one panel it
 gave me the option to create it as part of the synchronised browsing
 dialog.

 With Cyberduck I have to use finder as one panel and CD as the other. It
 means I have to be actively aware of where I am at all times in each
 window, and I can make imbecilic errors far too easily.

 I'm not saying "Make a WINSCP", but it has awesome facilities that are
 worth incorporating alongside the best of Cyberduck. It's the one thing
 that is not as good about a Mac as a PC for me. I miss those facilities.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5538>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>