[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5591: Creating directories doesn't work correctly with Topfield personal video recorder

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Fri Dec 24 10:41:22 CET 2010

#5591: Creating directories doesn't work correctly with Topfield personal video
recorder
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  https://me.yahoo.com/a/y7wvk0ywyn0v8dw6ina8da4xjrc44mg-#ee052  |          Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  enhancement                                                    |         Status:  new
Component:  ftp                                                            |        Version:  3.8.1
 Severity:  normal                                                         |       Keywords:
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6                                                  |   Architecture:  Intel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 I'm trying to use Cyberduck to transfer files between a Mac and my
 Topfield TF600PVRc recorder using FTP. Topfiled uses ISO-8559-1 coding for
 file names and seems to have quite a limited FTP implementation.

 Creating new directories will result with a preceding forward slash with a
 file name. Renaming files or directories doesn't work either as it will
 give an error that the file does not exist even though they are listed in
 the directory.

 Some hints what is happening

 With a command line ftp let's create a directory called /MP3/test:

 XYzl-iMac:Users john_doe$ ftp 192.168.0.100[[BR]]
 Connected to 192.168.0.100.[[BR]]
 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.[[BR]]
 Name (192.168.0.100:john_doe): DIGIBOX[[BR]]
 331 Password required for DIGIBOX[[BR]]
 Password: [[BR]]
 230 OK.  Current directory is /[[BR]]
 Remote system type is UNIX.[[BR]]
 Using binary mode to transfer files.[[BR]]
 ftp> cd MP3[[BR]]
 250 Changed to /MP3[[BR]]
 ftp> mkdir test[[BR]]
 257 MKD command successful.[[BR]]
 ftp> dir[[BR]]
 229 Extended Passive mode OK (4194)[[BR]]
 150 Accepted data connection from 192.168.0.10:60333[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 test[[BR]]
 226 1 matches total[[BR]]
 ftp> [[BR]]

 trying to rename the newly created directory with Cyberduck:

 200 NOOP command successful[[BR]]
 CWD /MP3[[BR]]
 250 Changed to /MP3[[BR]]
 PASV[[BR]]
 227 Passive mode OK (192,168,0,100,16,101)[[BR]]
 LIST -a[[BR]]
 150 Accepted data connection from 192.168.0.10:60798[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 test[[BR]]
 226 1 matches total[[BR]]
 NOOP[[BR]]
 200 NOOP command successful[[BR]]
 RNFR /MP3/test[[BR]]
 550 File does not exist![[BR]]

 Creating a new directory with Cyberduck called "test2" results in the
 following:

 USER DIGIBOX[[BR]]
 331 Password required for DIGIBOX[[BR]]
 PASS ********[[BR]]
 230 OK.  Current directory is /[[BR]]
 MKD /test2[[BR]]
 257 MKD command successful.[[BR]]
 NOOP[[BR]]
 200 NOOP command successful[[BR]]
 CWD /[[BR]]
 250 Changed to /[[BR]]
 STAT /[[BR]]
 500 Unknown command.[[BR]]
 PASV[[BR]]
 227 Passive mode OK (192,168,0,100,16,102)[[BR]]
 LIST -a[[BR]]
 150 Accepted data connection from 192.168.0.10:61047[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 DataFiles[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 ProgramFiles[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 MP3[[BR]]
 drwxrwxrwx   1 ---- -----            0 Jan  1 00:00 /test2[[BR]]
 226 4 matches total[[BR]]

 Note the extra forward slash in front of the directory name.

 I guess the ftp support is not up to the specs in the Topfield, but it is
 quite a popular personal video recorder in Europe. Would it be possible to
 add a compatibility feature in the ftp to handle file names in a way that
 the Topfield ftp-implementation would understand them correctly, or have I
 just missed some setting that already exists there?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5591>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>