[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #1741: SFTP fails when using public key, invalid PEM structure

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat Jan 9 23:08:47 CET 2010

#1741: SFTP fails when using public key, invalid PEM structure
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  dguido                                                           |        Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect                                                           |       Status:  closed
Changes (by dkocher):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => worksforme

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:15 ikke@…]:
 > Sorry, I take it back. No bug after all. Idiot user instead... :(
 >
 > I selected the public key instead of private key. The Finnish
 translation has check box to use public key method, and after checking it
 it opens the browser for private key. It just doesn't mention that it's
 browsing private key instead of public key. Actually it doesn't mention
 what it's browsing. I didn't notice it asks for private key while clicking
 the public key method. I selected the public key id_dsa.pub. Only after
 while I noticed it mentiones the private key below the public key check-
 box.

 > So confirming then that there is no bug after all :) . Since it checks
 the private key at connection time anyway, it could perhaps do it already
 at the time one selects the file and complain immediately. Then users like
 me would not waste your time... :)

 > The exact error message would have been: "Invalid PEM structure, '-----
 BEGIN...' missing.". Sorry for trouble.

 It is easily mistakable because the authentication method is titled
 ''Public Key Authentication'' but what you have to choose from the browse
 dialog is the private key. We should set a prompt text in the panel.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1741#comment:16>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>