[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5396: SFTP errors not being reported

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Nov 4 15:11:17 CET 2010

#5396: SFTP errors not being reported
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawng0mubul6w1lwi-_asmp86l3vkj-uzo3y  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  new
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawng0mubul6w1lwi-_asmp86l3vkj-uzo3y):

 That may well be the answer to 5395 (which is indeed a duplicate of 5308,
 except on Windows instead of Mac), but this ticket is about why the
 software does not correctly report the issue.  The folder is shown as
 empty, not faulty.  If there is an error in the data being returned from
 the server, you should say there is an error and say what it is, not
 incorrectly show the folder as empty.

 As far as I am concerned, the inability to report an error is far more
 serious than the failure to handle it - which is why this ticket was
 flagged as higher priority than 5395.  Once we get the client telling us
 what it thinks the error is, we can ask the server supplier to fix it.  As
 Cyberduck is the only client which thinks this is an error, we cannot use
 another client to generate the report so the server supplier just ignores
 our requests.

 Regards

 John

--