[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5426: .NET issue on app launch: Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Nov 11 11:15:04 CET 2010

#5426: .NET issue on app launch:  Unable to find a version of the runtime to run
this application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawnryzozlzzgseo2ga-j3dhjmtqqpxk2mgw  |        Owner:
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  new
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawnryzozlzzgseo2ga-j3dhjmtqqpxk2mgw):

 I installed the 64 bit net client profile linked above, after which
 Cyberduck ran successfully.  Windows update then prompted to install
 "Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003,
 Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for
 x64-based Systems (KB2160841)"

 This installed succesfully, restarted my machine, and Cyberduck continued
 to work properly.

 Guess there was some sort of damage to my .NET 4.0 install?  Not sure what
 other .Net 4.0 programs I'm using, but I hadn't seen that error message
 elsewhere.

 At any rate, resolved, thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5426#comment:3>