[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5460: Option to change default port (was: Cloudfront custom origin- a bit easier)

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Tue Nov 23 12:17:39 CET 2010

#5460: Option to change default port
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawlcryrk2g16nj5s7hjuysjnjuz8__m_zg0  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  enhancement                                                                       |       Status:  new
Architecture:                                                                                    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Description changed by dkocher:

Old description:

> Just been trying this feature out, which is a great addition. I think
> however there are easier ways of getting this to work. For example, if I
> want to make a distribution of www.wikijob.co.uk, I can't easily. The
> reasons are:
>  * My bookmark is for wikijob.co.uk
>  * The folder is /var/www on the server, so the origin URL cyberduck
> generates is http://wikijob.co.uk/var/www (when it should be
> http://www.wikijob.co.uk)
>  * There is no way to configure what port it is to draw from. Like many
> high performance sites, we run varnish on port 80, which can interfere
> with CDNs. We run apache without varnish on 8080 to serve CDNs.

New description:

 high performance sites, we run [http://www.varnish-cache.org/ varnish] on
 port 80, which can interfere with CDNs. We run apache without varnish on
 8080 to serve CDNs.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5460#comment:3>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>
Open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac & Windows.