[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5481: FTP problems with chmod GUI window on connections to pureftpd server

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Nov 29 21:58:21 CET 2010

#5481: FTP problems with chmod GUI window on connections to pureftpd server
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawmvdelpssenl8kvueq2zkgru7zsm5q1ls4  |          Owner:
     Type:  defect                                                                            |         Status:  new
Component:  core                                                                              |        Version:  3.7
 Severity:  normal                                                                            |       Keywords:  chmod ftp
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6                                                                     |   Architecture:  Intel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 When I try to change permissions to a file the gui window does not work
 properly.

 Let's say one of the checkboxes -example group write- is unchecked and I
 want to check it. As soon as a check, it goes very fast to checked and
 unchecked again. It changes its state as I click but inmediatly is
 reverted to previous state. That makes me think the changes had not been
 applied. If I close the file information window and I open it again, it
 continues showing old permissions. Only when I logout and login again I
 can see the correct new permission I have applied.

 It is really anoying. If I change more than one permission at a time, I
 think only the last one I click changes its value. And I'm always seeing
 old permissions so it is very difficult to know which permissions I'm
 really setting.

 I'm not sure if I'm able to explain it properly. It's really very strange
 behaviour.

 The server I'm connecting to is a [http://www.pureftpd.org/] server.

 Problem appears with FTP and FTPS connections to that server. It is not
 happening on SFTP connections to that server.

 Cyberduck FTP and FTPS chmod gui window (information window) on
 connections to other servers works fine, so I suppose it is something that
 appears on that specific server, pure-ftpd.

 The server has no problem to chmod files with FTP. I have tested the
 connection from a terminal and all works fine.

 The only problem is that strange behaviour on the gui cyberduck interface
 to change permissions when connected to pure-ftpd server.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5481>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>