[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5163: ACL info for S3 files not correct

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Sep 9 14:30:34 CEST 2010

#5163: ACL info for S3 files not correct
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawkvhapb-mx1r59b5l9utxiwnlp4pmzcmgo  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  new
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Changes (by dkocher):

  * component:  core => s3

Old description:

> When I upload a new file to Amazon S3 and view the ACL for that file, it
> shows my account with FULL_CONTROL, and that everyone has READ_ONLY
> access. Even if I log out of the server and log back in, it still shows
> everyone with READ_ONLY access. The problem is that it's incorrect. If I
> try to access the file via web browser, I get an ACCESS DENIED message,
> and if I check the permissions using another application it shows
> everyone as having no permissions.
>
> If I delete the "everyone" read_only permission in CyberDuck and then
> recreate it, then the file works correctly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I think it would be useful to be able to create a permissions template
> for new uploads so that new files could be public by default, but I don't
> know if that's something you've already considered or not.

New description:

 When I upload a new file to Amazon S3 and view the ACL for that file, it
 shows my account with `FULL_CONTROL`, and that everyone has `READ_ONLY`
 access. Even if I log out of the server and log back in, it still shows
 `everyone` with `READ_ONLY?  access. The problem is that it's incorrect.
 If I try to access the file via web browser, I get an `ACCESS DENIED`
 message, and if I check the permissions using another application it shows
 everyone as having no permissions.

 If I delete the `everyone` `read_only` permission in CyberDuck and then
 recreate it, then the file works correctly.

 Any ideas?

 I think it would be useful to be able to create a permissions template for
 new uploads so that new files could be public by default, but I don't know
 if that's something you've already considered or not.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5163#comment:1>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>
FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs, Azure and S3 Browser for Mac OS X.