[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6123: Folders created with Cyberduck incompatible with other Cloudfiles file managers

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Aug 1 14:48:38 CEST 2011

#6123: Folders created with Cyberduck incompatible with other Cloudfiles file
managers
---------------------------+-----------------------
    Reporter:  Andrew0204  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
   Component:  cloudfiles  |    Version:  4.1
    Severity:  major       |   Keywords:  Folders
Architecture:  Intel       |   Platform:  Windows 7
---------------------------+-----------------------
 When I make new folders within a Cloudfiles container using Cyberduck, the
 folders it creates are reported by the Rackspace CloudFiles Manager as
 being of type application/directory. I have been using FireUploader for
 Firefox for a long time now and have created many folders within
 containers for my websites and these folders are reported by the Rackspace
 Cloudfiles Manager as type application/folder. The problem is that all my
 existing folders within containers that I have created with FireUploader
 can't be viewed or opened in Cyberduck - it doesn't recognize them as
 folders. In fact, the Cyberduck info box reports the folders as
 Kind:Unknown.

 And, the reverse causes a problem too. If I create a folder within a CDN
 container using Cyberduck, the file type application/directory, is not
 recognized by FireUploader and can't be opened.

 Would it be possible to provide CloudFiles options in Cyberduck so that
 the file type can be set to either application/folder or application
 directory when creating or viewing folders within containers?

 At the moment this problem is preventing me from using Cyberduck, which is
 disappointing because I find it easier to use than FireUploader.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6123>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>