[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6046: Interrupted SFTP upload leaves file with 000 permissions, making it unresumable

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat Jul 2 00:44:36 CEST 2011

#6046: Interrupted SFTP upload leaves file with 000 permissions, making it
unresumable
--------------------------+---------------------
    Reporter:  William+G  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
   Component:  sftp       |    Version:  4.0.2
    Severity:  normal     |   Keywords:
Architecture:             |   Platform:
--------------------------+---------------------
 I'm uploading a directory using SFTP when the connection is suddenly
 closed. Logging in to the server I see a partially uploaded file with
 permission 000. Resuming the upload fails for this particular file with a
 permission denied error (probably because Cyberduck is trying to append to
 a read-only file).

 Steps to reproduce:

 1. Open a terminal to the upload destination
 2. Upload a file
 3. While uploading do a ls -l, it should display permission 000 for the
 file currently being uploaded.
 4. Pull the Ethernet cable. After a while it displays "Upload failed.
 Socket closed."
 5. Plug the Ethernet cable back in.
 6. Try to resume the upload. It will fail.

 Client version: Cyberduck 4.0.2 (8601) on Windows
 Server version: Debian 6.0, ssh package version 1:5.5p1-6

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6046>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>