[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6036: S3 delete operation of large number of files slows down significantly over time

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat Jun 25 10:56:56 CEST 2011

#6036: S3 delete operation of large number of files slows down significantly over
time
---------------------------+-------------------------------
    Reporter:  Tim Coop3R  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
   Component:  s3          |    Version:  4.0.2
    Severity:  normal      |   Keywords:  s3 speed slowdown
Architecture:  Intel       |   Platform:  Windows 7
---------------------------+-------------------------------
 I have noticed some interesting behaviour when deleting a very large
 number of files from S3 using Cyberduck.

 When removing a bucket containing around 14,000 files a request is sent to
 delete each file one at a time (as best as I can tell).  If you leave this
 operation to run and return after 20 or 30 minute you will notice that in
 the Log draw the operation is now happening much more slowly to the point
 that the log messages are easily readable as they pass through the
 windows1 or two a second.

 If you stop the operation, disconnect, re-connect and start the operation
 again the operation resumes at full speed with the operations passing the
 log window faster than you can read them at the rate of several every
 second.

 This is repeatable and has happened the last 3 or 4 times I have run this
 operation.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6036>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>