[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5747: Saving FTP files to an external harddrive when it's not connected creates a new folder in hidden folder volumes

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Mar 7 14:22:07 CET 2011

#5747: Saving FTP files to an external harddrive when it's not connected creates a
new folder in hidden folder volumes
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Barret Oliver  |          Type:  defect
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.5  |
---------------------------+-----------------------
 When you set Cyberduck's preferences to save downloaded FTP files to
 external media (for example, an external hard-drive) and then you download
 a file while that external hard-drive is ejected, instead of asking where
 you want the file saved or defaulting the save to the desktop, Cyberduck
 creates a new folder with the same name in the hidden folder "Volumes."

 I wouldn't have known this had I not seen the name of the external drive
 pop up in DiskWarrior even though it wasn't connected.  I then had to use
 TinkerTool to find the hidden folder "Volumes" and find the newly created
 folder with the same name as my external hard-drive.  Also, the file that
 Cyberduck downloaded was also placed in the hidden "Volumes" folder.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5747>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>