[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5788: Windows enabled with "Hide extensions" cannot upload files with File Chooser

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Tue Mar 15 23:52:52 CET 2011

#5788: Windows enabled with "Hide extensions" cannot upload files with File
Chooser
    Reporter:  davidfox  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:            |    Version:  4.0
  interface              |   Keywords:  Windows hidden extensions upload
    Severity:  major     |  chooser file type filetype
Architecture:  Intel     |   Platform:  Windows 7
 I am on Windows 7 now but I think this feature existed on past Windows
 versions. By default Windows 7 is installed with "Hide extensions for
 known file types" enabled. In Cyberduck 4.0 (8510) the File Chooser Dialog
 functionality will not upload files that Windows has hidden file
 extensions. Cyberduck "Show hidden files" is enabled if it makes any
 difference. For example I try to upload "test.htm" but after selecting the
 file displayed as "test" in the File Chooser Dialog it tries to upload
 "test" instead and fails.

 Cyberduck drag-n-drop upload feature does not exihbit this problem. I drag
 over the "test" file icon and it uploads "test.htm" just fine.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5788>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>