[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5788: Windows enabled with "Hide extensions" cannot upload files with File Chooser

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Mar 21 14:41:26 CET 2011

#5788: Windows enabled with "Hide extensions" cannot upload files with File
Chooser
 Reporter:  davidfox                             |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect                               |        Status:  closed
  chooser file type filetype                     |
 Platform:  Windows 7                            |
Changes (by yla):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In r8588. This is a non-trivial issue as we read the filename directly
 from the listview item. I did not find a way to get access to the backing
 PIDL. Also refer to my [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5369349/get-
 pidls-of-items-in-getopenfilename-dialog SO question]. As a workaround the
 current solution forces the dialog to show the extension independent of
 the Windows Explorer setting. The fix will be included in the next
 snapshot build.

 Thanks for reporting this!

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5788#comment:4>