[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6487: UTF-8 to Plesk 10.x requires cyberduck to enable it or server will fall back to ISO8859-1

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon Jan 16 23:13:52 CET 2012

#6487: UTF-8 to Plesk 10.x requires cyberduck to enable it or server will fall
back to ISO8859-1
-----------------------+---------------------------
    Reporter:  Ok      |      Owner:  ok@…
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  ftp     |    Version:  4.2.1
    Severity:  major   |   Keywords:  UTF-8
Architecture:  Intel   |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.7
-----------------------+---------------------------
 Hello Cyberduck Team,

 we have a Plesk Server (Version 10.4) running Cent-OS, and some issues
 with a customer, using Cyberduck (latest) and Mac OS 10.6 or 10.7 (error
 occurs on both):

 regardless the FTP setting in Cyberduck being set to UTF-8 or anything
 else (WESTERN ISO 8859-1 for example) all files arrive with encoding
 WESTERN!

 When using Transmit by panic.com the encoding setting _does_ make a
 difference! So we looked a bit into detail, and i found this:

 Normally, it sems that a client has to send:

 CLNT clientname
 OPTS UTF8 ON

 Then everything gets sent in UTF-8.

 However, ...  some Mac OS X clients ... by default they do not send those
 commands. There is no easy way to get the clients to send those commands,
 either.

 source: http://www.g6ftpserver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2518-how-to-
 turn-utf-8-encoding-on-by-default/

 can you verify, that Cyberduck sends the OPTS UTF8 ON command when
 transfer mode is set to UTF-8?

 thanks in advance.

 regards.

 .olaf klein.