[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6492: If firewall is on and cyberduck is not already allowed a dialogue is shown which disappears before it can be interacted with

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sun Jan 22 00:42:33 CET 2012

#6492: If firewall is on and cyberduck is not already allowed a dialogue is shown
which disappears before it can be interacted with
-----------------------+---------------------------
    Reporter:  paulg   |      Owner:
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core    |    Version:  4.2.1
    Severity:  normal  |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel   |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.7
-----------------------+---------------------------
 Environment:
 - Mac OS X 10.7.2
 - Cyberduck 4.2.1 (9350)
 - OS X Firewall is turned on and cyberduck is not listed in the allowed
 applications list.

 Problem:
 The first time you attempt to login to any service after cyberduck is
 started a dialogue is shown then dismissed again far too fast to read it.
 I resorted to taking a video of the screen (which can be done using
 Quicktime Player and choosing 'New Screen Recording' in recent versions of
 OS X). Having taken the video and freeze framing it the dialogue box
 turned out to be firewall allow/deny incoming connections box.

 I have not including any transcript as this happens on login and nothing
 has been printed in the log window at that point.

 Workaround:
 I imagine this problem can be worked around by configuring the firewall
 manually to accept, or deny, connections to cyberduck but I have not tried
 it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6492>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>