[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #6569: cyberduck for Windows doesn't work for FTPS TLS AUTH...interestingly enough, MAC-OS does;

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Mar 1 14:46:13 CET 2012

#6569: cyberduck for Windows doesn't work for FTPS TLS AUTH...interestingly
enough, MAC-OS does;
-------------------------+------------------------
    Reporter:  chammitt  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:  core      |    Version:  4.2.1
    Severity:  normal    |   Keywords:  FTPSE
Architecture:  Intel     |   Platform:  Windows XP
-------------------------+------------------------
 just thought you'd like to know that cyberduck for Windows doesn't work
 for FTPS TLS AUTH...and interestingly enough, MAC-OS does;

 I run a linux vsftpd secure ftp site.  Typically my users use CoreFTP lite
 or WinSCP to connect from Windows clients.  My MAC users use Fetch or
 Cyberduck.  The problem is, I don't own a MAC only linux / windows
 workstations, so I thought I would try cyberduck for windows to develop
 some help docs for MAC users using Cyberduck and to provide a third
 freeware / donateware for windows users over the other two already
 mentioned.

 I attempted to use the Cont+L and View Toggle Logs, but nothing happens.
 When I attempt to connect to the server it challenges me for my password,
 says nothing and instead of a bright green dot on teh bookmark, I see an
 ugly yellow'ish green.  Again, nothing happens.  No errors, no file
 explorer, nothing.

 I've looked here for logs: C:\Program Files\Cyberduck
 AND HERE: C:\Documents and Settings\$USERNAME\Application Data\Cyberduck

 I use the latest version; 4.2.1 build 9350

 items of interest;
 self-signed strong cert;
 non-default port usage;
 I don't use google groups;
 I didn't see a bug report listed for this issue in your list;

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6569>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>