[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #7110: Deleting/Renaming an folder is not working after uploading an existing folder with a "Rename" action

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Apr 4 13:59:30 UTC 2013

#7110: Deleting/Renaming an folder is not working after uploading an existing
folder with a "Rename" action
---------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  tihomir        |         Owner:
     Type:  defect         |        Status:  new
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6  |
---------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by dkocher:

Old description:

> I have a folder "X" on the server. It has 50+ items and a subfolder "sub"
> with 50+ items.
>
> I have the same folder "X" on my local machine, but it has another set of
> 50+ items both in "X" and its subfolder "sub/". I want to upload the new
> set of items by uploading "X". If I choose overwrite it will mix the old
> and new items. I don't want that, so I choose "Rename".
>
> As a result I see:
> X/
> X-1/
>
> That's fine. Now I want to rename the "X/" folder to "X-old/" and rename
> "X-1" into "X/".
>
> I press <Enter> on the "X/" folder and I type "X-old/" and press <Enter>
> again. Nothing happens. I hit <Refresh>. Nothing gets refreshed. I try to
> rename "X-1/" to "X/", it tells me the folder already exists.
>
> The only one workaround I've found was to close the program and open it
> again. Then I'm able to rename the folder. I've tried to delete "X/"
> first and then rename "X-1" to "X/". It doesn't start the deleting
> process either.

New description:

[...]

Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/7110#comment:2>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>
Open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac & Windows.