[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #7154: Video files uploaded to Rack Space Cloud do not stream via CDN, but if uploaded via web access stream properly in IE10

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat Apr 6 17:37:38 UTC 2013

#7154: Video files uploaded to Rack Space Cloud do not stream via CDN, but if
uploaded via web access stream properly in IE10
---------------------------+--------------------------------
    Reporter:  glennbob    |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
   Component:  cloudfiles  |    Version:  4.2.1
    Severity:  normal      |   Keywords:  improper file type
Architecture:  Intel       |   Platform:  Windows 7
---------------------------+--------------------------------
 This problem appears to be a miss-labeled content type on at least M4V
 files, when attempting to play in IE10.  We encode M4v, Webm, and OGV
 files of all of our church videos.  I noticed this week, that in IE10,
 using the latest FLOWPLAYER on our website, that IE10 errors with "Unknown
 File Type or invalid file path".  Upon looking at the files in our Cloud
 Files, I noticed that the TYPE, when uploaded via CyberDuck is listed as
 "application/octet-stream", while the same file (with an 'a' added to the
 file name) lists as "video/x-m4v".  Other browsers going to the same site,
 DO play the m4v when required, BUT IE10 appears to what the Type to be
 correct, which when the file is uploaded via the manage.rackspace web
 portal, it appears properly and streams properly via the CDN.  I've
 verified this behavior on at least 6 files so far.  All uploaded via the
 WebPortal perform as expected, those via CyberDuck do not stream on IE10.
 This COULD be an IE10 issue with tightness of HTML5 standards, BUT Chrome
 and other broswers on other platforms (iOS, Android) play the files
 properly.
 Glenn Meadows

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/7154>