[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #7678: Rackspace Default Region not selected in "Create new folder" window for Cloud Files

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Dec 12 22:20:12 UTC 2013

#7678: Rackspace Default Region not selected in "Create new folder" window for
Cloud Files
    Reporter:            |      Owner:  dkocher
  wagner.nicholas        |     Status:  new
        Type:            |  Milestone:
  enhancement            |    Version:  4.4.3
   Component:            |  folder" window
  cloudfiles             |   Platform:  Windows XP
    Severity:  normal    |
Architecture:  Intel     |
 We were contacted by a customer who uses Cyberduck because he
 inadvertently stored his files in our Hong Kong region.

 After we investigated the situation, we discovered that when a user
 creates a new folder in Cyberduck, HKG is defaulted in the drop-down box.
 We understand that it is the user’s responsibility to select the correct
 region, but we were curious about how the drop-down box orders those
 regions. (I am using Cyberduck 4.4.3 for Windows.)

 In Cyberduck, the drop-down box has the following order:
 1.      HKG
 2.      DFW
 3.      SYD
 4.      ORD
 5.      IAD

 However, when I authenticate using identity myself, I receive the
 following order from the identity service:
 1.      ORD
 2.      SYD
 3.      DFW
 4.      IAD
 5.      HKG

 Also, the identity service specifies a RAX-AUTH:defaultRegion of ORD.

 Could we have the first region in the drop-down box set to the RAX-
 AUTH:defaultRegion value? That would help our customers who tend to accept
 default values without inspecting them.

 I am a big fan of Cyberduck, and I know this change will be valuable to
 our customers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/7678>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>