[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #7218: How to move an old version of Cyberduck to my new computer and then upgrade?

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Mon May 6 04:00:49 UTC 2013

#7218: How to move an old version of Cyberduck to my new computer and then
upgrade?
----------------------------+---------------------------
    Reporter:  nconn        |      Owner:
        Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core         |    Version:  4.3.1
    Severity:  major        |   Keywords:
Architecture:               |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6
----------------------------+---------------------------
 I've been using Cyberduck version 2.6.1 and it seemed to be working fine
 until now. I'd like to upgrade the version but the computer it lives on is
 an old Imac with operating system 10.4

 I bought a new mac in 2010 (10.6.8) and although most of the software
 migrated over, Cyberduck didn't. When I opened it, it would just quickly
 close again. I should have figured it out then, but instead I just got
 into the habit of putting files on a  thumbdrive and bringing them to the
 old computer to use Cyberduck there.

 Now that it isn't working smoothly anymore and worried that the old
 computer will likely crap out soon,  I really want to bring it over to the
 new Macintosh. I've tried bringing the folder over many times but it just
 opens and quickly closes. Please help. I have photo slideshows to send to
 potential employers.

 If I need to start fresh and download a new Cyberduck to the new computer,
 how do I bring all of my information over?  Best, Natalie

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/7218>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>