[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8419: Some images are displaying older versions on site after overwritting existing ones

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Dec 11 19:03:39 UTC 2014

#8419: Some images are displaying older versions on site after overwritting
existing ones
-----------------------------+---------------------
    Reporter:  anna.vandyke  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
   Component:  sftp          |    Version:  4.6
    Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
Architecture:                |   Platform:
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Hi,

 We have an issue with Cyberduck - if we overwrite an image with a newer
 version (same name), some of the images are still displayed as an older
 version on the site even after clearing the cache. Sometimes it takes up
 to 24 hours to see the image being updated, but on one of them it has been
 over 48 hours and i don't see the new one. If I download the image from
 the server through Cyberduck, it displays the correct one.

 The issue is experienced on both Mac and PC with 2 different sites/
 servers setup - one with Varnish cache and one without. Cyberduck versions
 we are using 4.6 and 4.3.1. The issue has been around for a while, but no
 one actually tried to get it sovled until I came onboard.

 There is no image caching site up. The issue is not present with FileZilla
 or if we SSH through PuTTY. However not all our designers are comfortable
 with command line and to use FileZilla I have to lock the server in Live
 Dev (we are currently moving to Acquia) which means no code commits are
 allowed during that time.

 The only way around at this point is to rename the images and then update
 the file paths, but for a site with over 600 nodes this is getting very
 time consuming and we'll need to be able to update the images on the fly.

 Any help will be appreciated.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8419>