[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #7805: Windows - When no default editor is set, double-clicking to edit does nothing.

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Fri Feb 21 15:52:43 UTC 2014

#7805: Windows - When no default editor is set, double-clicking to edit does
nothing.
-----------------------------+-----------------------
    Reporter:  ccharbonneau  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
   Component:  core          |    Version:  4.4.3
    Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel         |   Platform:  Windows 7
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 In a fresh Windows install, double-clicking to edit a file seems to do
 nothing if there is no default editor. I was under the impression the
 intended functionality is to pick an editor from the Windows file
 associations.

 To clarify, I am using a WebDAV connection to my server and attempted to
 open a Word document, by either double-clicking (I have edit on double-
 click set) or clicking the edit button in the toolstrip at the top.
 Selecting an editor from the drop down list works, but it would be much
 more desirable and convenient if it would attempt to choose the correct
 editor for me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/7805>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>