[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8239: Question regarding transfer between Clouds / Sources: through local device or direct?

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Sat Sep 27 11:27:23 UTC 2014

#8239: Question regarding transfer between Clouds / Sources: through local device
or direct?
-------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  camerado  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:  core      |    Version:  4.5.2
    Severity:  normal    |   Keywords:
Architecture:            |   Platform:
-------------------------+-------------------
 Hello:

 Am trying to determine how data is handled between clouds & sources - I
 tried to find this info already, could not, so apologies if redundant. Q:
 is the data from one cloud or source moving DIRECTLY to the other
 location, or is it being handled through my own local device (internet
 connection)?

 That is to say, for example: when I move content from my web host to
 Amazon to archive that content, is it going directly from point to point,
 or is it first being moved through Cyberduck pursuant to the limits of my
 bandwith and connection?

 REASON I ask is because I am working for a while in a developing country
 with limited internet - yet I have big chunks of data already on my host
 that I would like to move and archive to S3.

 If that data would be handled through my local device and connection, it
 would take forever and I couldn't do it.  YET: if it goes directly from
 point to point, that would be preferable, and if this functionality
 depends on a certain setting (ie., go through my device or go from point
 to point directly) , please let me know what that setting is! (*because
 currently it appears to be slow...)

 Thanks

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8239>