[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8966: Unable to connect to dav server when filenames/foldernames have special characters (think ampersand)

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Tue Aug 4 13:10:52 UTC 2015

#8966: Unable to connect to dav server when filenames/foldernames have special
characters (think ampersand)
-------------------------------+------------------------
    Reporter:  john bouantoun  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
   Component:  webdav          |    Version:  4.7.1
    Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel           |   Platform:  Windows 10
-------------------------------+------------------------
 Hi,

 I was trying to connect to an apache hosted webdav server and was getting
 the following error:

 Not a valid DAV response

 After listing the dav contents using firefox to enumerate the dav url I
 found that there was a filename with the '&' character in it (literally
 ''H&H5678''). Firefox was displaying the character correctly, and clicking
 on it returned the contents of the file.

 Cyberduck was unable to list to the folder contents, I suspect becuase
 GetDirectoryList barfs on the specially encoded xml characters like the
 ampersand.

 When I renamed the file (using the application admin UI) to remove the '&'
 cyberduck was abe to connect to it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8966>