[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8596: Truncates files if file size is only a preliminary approximation by the server

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Wed Feb 18 22:22:45 UTC 2015

#8596: Truncates files if file size is only a preliminary approximation by the
server
-------------------------------+----------------------------
    Reporter:  datenreisender  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
   Component:  sftp            |    Version:  4.6.4
    Severity:  major           |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel           |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.10
-------------------------------+----------------------------
 Context: I access a server that generates zip files on the fly. Because
 they are generated on demand `ls` usually does not report the correct
 size, just an approximation.

 If I try to download such a zip file and it is larger than what `ls` did
 report previously, the file is corrupted by Cyberduck. It seems to me,
 that Cyberduck trims it to the size that was reported by `ls`. If I use
 other SFTP clients (e.g. simply /usr/bin/sftp from OpenSSH_6.2p2) it
 fetches the complete file from the server, only Cyberduck corrupts it.

 In a concrete example the server reported a zip file to be 1.0 MB large
 when it actually was 2.0 MB large. Cyberduck starts the download and it
 _seems_ to download more than 1.0 MB, because when the transfers window
 reaches 1.0 MB for the file, the download size is not increased anymore
 but the download speed is still updated. After a few more microseconds the
 dialog now shows „Transfer incomplete“ (see screenshot) and the file on my
 disk is actually only about an MB long.

 The log did not show any output.

 I tried two older versions of Cyberduck: 4.4.2 and 3.3b4. The same
 corruption happened with 4.4.2 but with 3.3b4 I could download the files
 correctly. So this bug exists for a longer time already.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8596>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>