[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8705: SFTP bookmark always switches to public key authentication, ignoring stored password

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Mar 26 21:29:48 UTC 2015

#8705: SFTP bookmark always switches to public key authentication, ignoring stored
password
-----------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  ujay68  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core    |    Version:  4.6.5
    Severity:  normal  |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel   |   Platform:
-----------------------+-------------------
 How to reproduce:

 1. Create a bookmark with an SFTP connection, Username and Password (don't
 check "Use Public Key Authentication"), and check the "Add to Keychain"
 checkbox.
 2. Open the connection and exit Cyberduck. (The password is now stored in
 the OS X Keychain.)
 3. Open Cyberduck again and go to that bookmark. The dialog "Login failed"
 pops up, prompting for the "Private Key Passphrase", with the "Use Public
 Key Authentication" checkbox automatically checked, ~/.ssh/id_dsa shown
 beneath. (The site I use allows SFTP connections with username/password,
 but no PKA.)

 If I move away my ~/.ssh folder (which contains PKs for other sites)
 temporarily, Cyberduck uses the stored password and logs into the SFTP
 site without error.

 The bookmark should probably memorise the preferred authentication method
 for the site and not switch to PKA only because a ~/.ssh/id_dsa file is
 present.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8705>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>