[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9000: Can't delete files on Mac when uploading to S3 (but oddly, I can delete folders)

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Sep 3 11:31:35 UTC 2015

#9000: Can't delete files on Mac when uploading to S3 (but oddly, I can delete
folders)
------------------------------+-----------------------------
    Reporter:  Karen Virapen  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect         |     Status:  new
   Component:  core           |    Version:  4.7.2
    Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:  delete, Mac, S3
Architecture:                 |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.10
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I am using Cyberduck for Mac (version 4.7.2).  Am on Mac OS version
 10.10.4.  Connecting to my company's site on S3.  I can create a folder
 and upload files fine but can't delete individual files (am trying to
 delete image files).

 First, I get the warning message asking me if I really want to delete the
 file.  Then, when I say yes, I get the following message if I try:

 Upload Dialogue.png failed.
 Access Denied.  Please contact your web hosting service provider for
 assistance.

 It's odd because I'm not trying to upload, I'm trying to download.  And
 the files are  there, I can see them in the bucket. But I get this dialog
 and prompted to try again.  But it doesn't work.

 Yet if I delete the whole folder, it's no problem. I can delete it (and
 its contents fine).  But I need to be able to delete individual files.

 I got a colleague to test my account using a different program and I have
 permissions to delete both files and folders, and he managed to delete
 files fine logged in as me.  So it must be something within Cyberduck.
 Can you help?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9000>