[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9639: Please insert a smart card displayed when opening connection to Google Storage

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Sat Jul 30 19:37:19 UTC 2016

#9639: Please insert a smart card displayed when opening connection to Google
Storage
------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  legolas  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
   Component:  core     |    Version:  5.0.9
    Severity:  normal   |   Keywords:
Architecture:           |   Platform:
------------------------+-------------------
 I have a very similar problem as described in in ticket #8595. Because
 that is marked resolved, I'm opening a new one. (I'm not sure if this is
 the preferred way?)

 Whenever I try to connect to my google storage account, I get a dialog
 'Please insert a smart card'. I have a smart card reader installed, but I
 don't intend to use it with cyberduck. The dialog came up first after
 pasting the authorization code. After cancelling the dialog several times,
 I get an 'interoperability failure' dialog, and the connection is not made
 (sort of: there is a popup from the tray to say the connection was made,
 then a dialog in cyberduck 'Access denied. Caller does not have storage.
 bucket. list access to project ' with my project number following.
 After that first time, the smart card dialog now always comes up (even
 after restarting cyberduck) as soon as I click the 'connect' button in the
 Open Connection dialog (still trying to connect to Google Cloud Storage).
 I've tried turning of 'save password', after guessing this has something
 to do with storing the password securely, however either this isn't
 related to storing the password, or something was set/stored/remembered
 after the 1st attempt that I haven't been able to clear away.

 I have a connected smart card reader (to use with my Electronic ID card)
 and the associated software offered by the Belgian state for ID card
 access installed.

 Disconnecting the smartcard reader does not change the behavior at all.

 I'll be happy to provide any additional detail you need.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9639>