[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9322: S3 ACLs can't be changed in third-party buckets (due to incorrect Owner specification?)

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Tue Mar 1 17:07:47 UTC 2016

#9322: S3 ACLs can't be changed in third-party buckets (due to incorrect Owner
specification?)
------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bretmartin  |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect      |        Status:  assigned
 Platform:              |
------------------------+------------------------------

Comment (by bretmartin):

 Last update for now. I realized I incorrectly stated the problem in my
 original description:
  By turning on Cyberduck debug logging, I found that the ACL change
 request included the '''canonical ID of the third party account''' in the
 <Owner> element of the access control policy. However, the '''owner of the
 object is our account, not the third party account.''' I believe this is
 the reason for the "Access Denied" error from S3 and the difference in
 behavior from the AWS CLI.
 I had things inverted in this paragraph. Sorry for being confusing. It
 should have read
  By turning on Cyberduck debug logging, I found that the ACL change
 request included the '''canonical ID of the bucket owner account''' in the
 <Owner> element of the access control policy. However, the '''owner of the
 object is the third party account, not the bucket owner account.''' I

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9322#comment:7>