[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9362: EntityTooLarge S3 error on transfer from ftp -> S3 with multipart upload enabled

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Fri Mar 11 23:56:45 UTC 2016

#9362: EntityTooLarge S3 error on transfer from ftp -> S3 with multipart upload
enabled
------------------------+----------------------------
    Reporter:  ahubers  |      Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
   Component:  s3       |    Version:  4.8.3
    Severity:  normal   |   Keywords:
Architecture:           |   Platform:  Mac OS X 10.10
------------------------+----------------------------
 Cannot find anyone else with this problem in my google searches.

 issue:
 getting this error when trying to transfer an 8.2 GB file from an FTP
 server to AWS s3.

 "Your proposed upload exceeds the maximum allowed size. Please contact
 your web hosting service provider for assistance."

 http://imgur.com/noZylr4

 The AMI user making the request has the following bucket policy:

 {{{

 {
     "Version": "2012-10-17",
     "Statement": [
         {
             "Effect": "Allow",
             "Action": [
                 "s3:ListBucket",
                 "s3:ListBucketMultipartUploads"
             ],
             "Resource": [
                 "arn:aws:s3:::my-bucket-name"
             ]
         },
         {
             "Effect": "Allow",
             "Action": [
                 "s3:PutObject",
                 "s3:GetObject",
                 "s3:DeleteObject",
                 "s3:AbortMultipartUpload",
                 "s3:ListMultipartUploadParts"
             ],
             "Resource": [
                 "arn:aws:s3:::my-bucket-name/*"
             ]
         }
     ]
 }

 }}}

 I have already followed the instructions here to enable multipart upload.
 https://trac.cyberduck.io/wiki/help/en/howto/s3#MultipartUploads

 Also I am running 4.8.3 on max OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

 Not sure why this is happening, because before I modified my bucket policy
 to include multipart upload, I was getting an S3 access denied response.
 Once I changed the policy, the error switched to this. Perhaps it is
 because I am uploading from ftp -> s3 instead of from my desktop?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9362>