[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9964: regression: Too many authentication failures for actualusername when using passwords

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Jun 5 17:45:45 UTC 2017

#9964: regression: Too many authentication failures for actualusername when using
passwords
-----------------------+-------------------------------------
    Reporter:  anshnd  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core    |    Version:  6.0.4
    Severity:  normal  |   Keywords:  too many login failures
Architecture:  Intel   |   Platform:
-----------------------+-------------------------------------
 This is a regression with builds 6.0.4 as well as 5.4.4.  I had to revert
 to 5.2.2 which works as expected.

 The problem:

 I only have a password to authenticate against this SSH server.  Command-
 line ssh used to give this error because it tries other client
 certificates before the server gives up.  I had since then changed
 ~/.ssh/config to have these two lines

 Host ''the.host.name.com''
     PreferredAuthentications password

 command-line ssh works fine.  CyberDuck used to work fine but upgrading to
 latest build broke this.

 P.S. {{{curley}}} braces in this screen is misspelt. It should be
 ''curly''

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9964>