[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9877: com.liferay.nativity.control.win.WindowsNativityControlImpl - Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Sat Mar 11 12:56:14 UTC 2017

#9877: com.liferay.nativity.control.win.WindowsNativityControlImpl - Address
already in use: JVM_Bind
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  johnaparker  |         Owner:
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  new
 Platform:               |
-------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by johnaparker:

Old description:

> When I first installed MountainDuck (MD) I was asked if using registering
> a real license or doing a trial. As we were having issues getting our
> five seat license purchased I answered trial. The install completed and I
> rebooted my '''Windows Server 2008 R2''' VM and tried invoking MD but no
> UI window appeared. I tried a number of times, including after killing
> the MD process that I found running.
>
> We then got our license but as I could get no window I obviously could
> not install it. I then did an uninstall of MD and tried installing again
> (rebooting when indicated), but this time no request for a license was
> presented. I wonder if this might be due to residual files or registry
> settings?) When I tried then to invoke MD the behavior was the same: No
> UI window.
>
> Following suggestions on the MD web pages I checked the mountainduck.log
> (attached) and saw that at each attempted start a Java fault was logged
> indicating:
>

> 2017-03-10 18:00:03,581 [Thread-2] ERROR
> com.liferay.nativity.control.win.WindowsNativityControlImpl - Address
> already in use: JVM_Bind
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>

> I saw on the web that some Tomcat containers experienced the same issue
> which turned out to be port contention. I followed the recommended
> suggestions but found no process bound to port :80. I did see that my
> Chrome browser had grabbed :443 so I killed it and tried again. Same
> result. I searched my system and found the
> %AppData%\Cyberduck\Profiles\Rackspace US.cyberduckprofile which was
> configured with:
>
>         <key>Default Port</key>
>         <string>443</string>
>
> Having no idea if I should or should not adjust this, I did (to use port
> 8443), but with no luck.
>
> It's LIKELY to matter so let me point out that the Windows VMs we will
> need to use MountainDuck on live on 10-space IP VPN with its OWN firewall
> and ACL rules isolated behind our Server Farm firewall. A number of ports
> are open to the external world including 80, 8080, 443 and 8443, and we
> can request additional firewall rules as required, but obviously only if
> we know what we need.
>
> Please advise on what we need to do to make MountainDuck functional.

New description:

[...]

 Also... '''PLEASE NOTE''' that I have no idea if the "Component" or
 "Version" detail provided here is accurate. I can only attest to the
 Windows installer I ran was named: '''Mountain Duck
 Installer-1.7.2.6307.exe'''

Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9877#comment:1>