[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10095: Unable to upload/download files with names "home.html" or "default.html" to/from folder named "_layouts"

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Oct 2 07:06:11 UTC 2017

#10095: Unable to upload/download files with names "home.html"  or "default.html"
to/from folder named "_layouts"
-------------------------+------------------------
    Reporter:  chunkit   |      Owner:
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:  onedrive  |    Version:  6.2.6
    Severity:  normal    |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel     |   Platform:  Windows 10
-------------------------+------------------------
 I am using Microsoft OneDrive for Business with CyberDuck.

 When I try to upload the files with the names "home.html" or
 "default.html" to a folder named "_layouts", I get an error:
 "Upload home.html failed.
 Not Found. Please contact your web hosting service provider for
 assistance."

 I could upload those files to that folder using the OneDrive web client
 though, so it seem that it might not be an administration policy against
 those filenames, but possibly a subtle bug in CyberDuck (or OneDrive API
 bug).

 There are no problems if the folder is named "_layout" (without s) or
 "_layouts0".
 Additionally, if there is a folder named "_layouts0" with a file
 "home.html" inside, I could rename to the folder to "_layouts" using
 CyberDuck with no issues.

 I then tried to download those files using CyberDuck but encountered error
 downloading them:
 "Download home.html failed.
 Not Found. Please contact your web hosting service provider for
 assistance."

 The inability to upload or download the specific-named files to specific-
 named folder suggest that if it's a bug with CyberDuck (and not with the
 OneDrive API), they are probably closely linked, hence I'm filing it under
 a single bug report.

 Thank you.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10095>