[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10094: Cyberduck (and Mountain Duck) do not properly handle symlinked config folders

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Fri Sep 29 03:51:46 UTC 2017

#10094: Cyberduck (and Mountain Duck) do not properly handle symlinked config
folders
---------------------------+------------------------------------------
    Reporter:  luckman212  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
   Component:  core        |    Version:  6.2.6
    Severity:  normal      |   Keywords:  bookmarks, symlink, hardlink
Architecture:              |   Platform:  macOS 10.13
---------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Cyberduck Version 6.2.6 (26405)
 MountainDuck 2.0.2 (8111)
 Tested on macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13

 I like to share my bookmarks between 3 computers.  For this I use
 ResilioSync (used to be BTSync). The way I do this for all my other apps
 is, move the config folder to the Sync folder and then create a Symlink in
 the original spot for it to read from.  This works for all other apps but
 not for Cyberduck/MountainDuck.  They refuse to acknowledge the symlink
 and either hang when launched (Cyberduck) or just show no bookmarks
 (MountainDuck).

 I had "solved" this in 10.12 using Hardlink instead of Symlink - which did
 work, however now that I am on 10.13 with APFS filesystem, hardlinks are
 no longer supported and so this is not working again.

 Please if you can support the fact that the bookmarks folder might be a
 Symlink that would be excellent

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10094>